The names of the award winners were announced at a special gala held in the Red Hall of the National Forum of Music on November 30. The recipients of the Wrocław Music Prize, presented this year for the 11th time, are directors of 2 festivals – Giovanni Antonini and Radek Bednarz.
The award is granted in 2 categories by music journalists and critics. The laureates receive financial prize of PLN 10.000 and a commemorative diploma.
List of nominations:
- Giovanni Antonini (for programming the International Festival "Wratislavia Cantans")
- ensemble Ars Cantus (for performing and recording early music from the Wrocław Codex)
- conductor Marzena Diakun (conductor; for successful artistic season 2014/15)
- Radek Bednarz (for initiating the "Eklektik Session" Festival)
- jazz pianist Kuba Stankiewicz (for the album featuring Victor Young’s music)
- Konrad Imiela – director of the Musial Theatre "Capitol" (for "Nut Ferment" concert cycle)