Rules of the International Ignacy Jan Paderewski Composers’ Competition
1. The Competition is organized by the Faculty of Theory of Music and Composition of the Feliks Nowowiejski Academy of Music in Bydgoszcz, Poland.
2. Entries in the Competition should be original compositions for piano solo (two hands or four hands). It is possible to use piano with electronics.
3. The Competition is open to composers of any nationality who will not have been older than 35 years of age by December 31st, 2018. 4. Each Competitor is permitted the submission of one composition only.
5. The duration of the piece shall be limited to between 10 and 12 minutes.
6. The submitted pieces may not have been published, performed in public or awarded at any prior composition competitions.
7. The Competitor shall submit 5 computer printouts of the composition (as well as a CD with the recording of the electronics in case of the composition having electronic part). Submission of a CD with the recording of the full piece is permissible.
8. Competition schedule:
- Competition announcement: June 2018
- Deadline for submission of works: October 30th, 2018
- Jury meeting – selection of the finalists, announcement of the jury decision on the Internet: November 12th 2018
- the Final Concert – presentation of the selected compositions, announcement of the results: December 8th, 2018
- Award ceremony and performance of the awarded pieces: December 2015
9. Works failing to comply with the Rules shall not qualify for entry in the Competition.
10. The works shall be qualified and evaluated by the jury consisting of the following members:
- Zbigniew Bargielski
- Eugeniusz Knapik
- Grażyna Pstrokońska-Nawratil
- Hanna Kulenty-Majoor
- Bettina Skrzypczak
11. The winners shall be awarded as follows:
- 1st prize 6,000 zł
- 2nd prize 3,000 zł
- 3rd prize 1,500 zł
- distinction 500 zł
The Jury reserves the right to an alternative award distribution. Jury decisions are final.
12. The submitted pieces should be marked with a code. An attached envelope, marked with an identical code, should contain the following information:
- the Competitor's first name and surname,
- Correspondence address,
- a xerox copy of an Identification Document or passport certified by Competitor's signature.
13. The submitted work should be send to the following address:
Wydział Kompozycji, Teorii Muzyki i Reżyserii Dźwięku
(The Faculty of Composition, Theory of Music and Sound Engineering)
Akademia Muzyczna imienia Feliksa Nowowiejskiego
(The Feliks Nowowiejski Academy of Music)
ul. Słowackiego 7
85-008 Bydgoszcz Poland
with an annotation: „Konkurs kompozytorski” („Composers’ Competition”)
The deadline is October 30th, 2018 (as per postmark date).
14. Submission is tantamount to accepting the Rules.
15. Scores submitted shall not be returned.
Information on the Competition to be found on the website: www.kompozycja.amuz.bydgoszcz.pl