Composition Chair and Choir Chair of the I. J. Paderewski Academy of Music in Poznań announce The 2nd International Andrzej Koszewski Composition Competition.
1. The subject of the Competition is a piece for mixed choir a cappella (no more than eight voices).
2. The duration of the piece should be not more than 4 minutes.
3. The Competition is open to composers of all nationalities born after 31 December 1983.
4. The submitted piece cannot be publicly performed, published or awarded in any other competition before the winners of this competition have been selected. Only compositions written after 2014 can be submitted. Each participant can submit one piece only.
5. The score should be submitted anonymously and marked with an emblem.
6. The score should be sent electronically in PDF format. Participants should also send another PDF attachment, which is a completed and signed form. The title of the email should contain the phrase "Composers Competition" and the emblem with which the work is affixed. Both attachments should be named with the title of the piece and the emblem. The form is available on the website of the Academy of Music in Poznań www.amuz.edu.pl
Mails with scores and forms should be sent to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 September 2019 (CET 23:59:59).
7. The winners of the competition will be announced in October 2019 and they will be notified by e-mail. The prizes will be awarded in November 2019.
8. The Jury consists of:
Prof. Vaclovas Augustinas (The Lithuanian Academy of Music
and Theatre, Vilnius) – Chairperson
Prof. Marek Gandecki (The Academy of Music, Poznań)
Prof. Krystian Kiełb (The Academy of Music, Wrocław)
Prof. Janusz Stalmierski (The Academy of Music, Poznań)
Prof. Wojciech Widłak (The Academy of Music, Kraków)
Dr hab. Agnieszka Zdrojek-Suchodolska (Academy of Music, Poznań) – Secretary of the Jury
9. The prizes:
1st prize – 5.000 PLN
2nd prize – 2.500 PLN
3rd prize – 1.200 PLN
10. The Jury reserves the right to divide the prizes in a different way.
11. The composition awarded with the 1st prize will be performed during the 18th Stanisław Kulczyński Polish Choir Conducting Competition in Poznań.
12. The Competition fee of 50 PLN should be paid by 23 September 2019 (CET 23:59:59) into the bank account of: Academy of Music in Poznań, bank account number: 66 1090 1362 0000 0000 3601 7907 and the bank transfer title should include the first name and surname together with the emblem. The transfer fee is paid by the participant. The fee is non-refundable.
13. Participation in the competition is equivalent to the acceptance of these Regulations.